Apple picking the way it used to be. Experience what your parents and grandparents might have in our apple orchard. Over a dozen varieties ripen over the season in a beautiful, natural setting. An easy drive in the country from Columbus, Hilliard, Dublin, Powell, Delaware, and Worthington.
Closed due to rain Monday the 24th and Tues the 25th. Will decide about Weds the 26th and update here on the night of Tues the 25th.
Remember shoes are a better choice then flip-flops and no pets other than service animals.
New traffic pattern
|Apple Variety||Ripe?||Month Expected|
|Williams Pride||no||July/ August|
|Red Delicious||yes||September/ October|
|Yellow Delicious||no||September/ October|
|Granny Smith||yes||October/ November|
Directions from nearest freeway, Route 33 | Get Google map directions >
- From Rt. 33 take the Scottslawn Road exit and continue north on Scottslawn Road.
- Go left/north on Watkins Road. [This is tricky, Watkins is a curve onto which you can go left or right, you want left/north.]
- Take Watkins Road to the Hinton Mill Road intersection, turn right/east.
- Take Hinton Mill Road to Springdale Road, you can only turn left, turn left/north.
- Drive a mile or so until you cross a bridge, our farm is on the right just after the bridge.
- Look for the yard sign by the driveway that says CherryHawk Farm.